All COPA solicitations, in publications or personal appeals, should be accompanied by a "disclaimer" that gives assurances that all contributions are voluntary and that no favor will be bestowed or withheld as a result of a contribution or the failure to make a contribution. The following language, which is on the APWU COPA contribution form, should be reprinted in any publication or correspondence urging COPA contributions:
Contributions or gifts to COPA are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. COPA will use the contributions it receives for political purposes, including making contributions to candidates for federal, state, and local offices, and addressing political issues of public importance. Contributions to COPA are voluntary. More or less than the suggested amount may be given, and the amount given or the refusal to give will not benefit or disadvantage the person being solicited. Federal law requires political action committees to report the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer for each individual whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in a calendar year.
To Contribute to COPA through PostalEase
1. Dial 1-877-477-3272
2. Press #1 for PostalEase
3. When prompted, enter your employee Identification Number (EIN)
4. When prompted again, enter your USPS PIN number. If you do not know your PIN number, call PostalEasr, 1-877-477-3272, press #1 for PostalEase, when prompted enter your social security number, when prompted for your PIN, pause, thenpress #2, your PIN will be mailed to you.)
5. When prompted choose option #2 (to select payrool allotments)
6. When prompted, choose option #1 (to select the type of allotment)
7. When prompted press #2 to continue.
8. When prompted, press #3 to "add" the allotment.
9. When prompted, add routing number 054001220
10. When prompted, enter the COPA account number 29320001 followed by your social security number (no hyphens; 17 digits total) press #1 if correct.
11. When prompted, press #1 for checking
12. When prompted for the dollar amount enter your choice for a bi-weekly allotment; press #1 if correct.
13. When prompted, press #1 to process; at this point you will be provided with a confirmation number and the start date of the allotment. Record the confirmation number and the start date.
14. Press #1 to repeat or
#9 to end the call